An Access to Higher Education Diploma prepares people without traditional qualifications for study at university and is also suitable for learners who would like further qualifications to progress in their careers, or those wanting to change career. Last year, around 23,000 students achieved an Access to HE Diploma and more than 20,000 students were offered a place at university or college.
This course is A-Level standard and is aimed at learners aged 19 years and over who don’t have a level 3 qualification or the foundation knowledge required for our level 4 Certificate of Higher Education (Cert HE). Learners will be taught the latest industry-standard knowledge by expert lecturers and guests from the industry.
Top 5 reasons to study Access to Higher Education Diploma in Engineering
1) The first step to a career in engineering. NCATI’s Access to HE Engineering Diploma will not only give you a base knowledge in engineering but will also give you the entry requirements needed to progress to university or higher-level course that could lead to a well-paid, specialised career in rail or infrastructure.
2) Access to expert lecturers. At NCATI our lecturers have a fountain of knowledge within the subjects they teach. We also have regular guest lecturers from industry to help enhance your learning experience.
3) Learn transferable skills. Along with taking your first steps in becoming an engineer, you will also be given the opportunity to improve transferable skills such as speaking, writing and IT skills. Regardless of where your career ends up, Access to HE could be the ideal place to start.
4) Financial support is available. You can apply for a student loan when studying the Access to HE course. Furthermore, if you don’t have a level 3 qualification already, you may be entitled to free tuition.
5) Our state of the art college is fully kitted out with the very latest equipment – trains, carriages, track and digital systems, to name a few – from companies who are already leading rail into the future.
If you would like to learn more about our Access to HE course starting October 2020, please give us a call 0330 120 0375 or Apply now!