Access to Higher Education is designed for people who want to study in higher education but left school without the qualifications they need to secure a place. Last year, around 23,000 students achieved an Access to HE Diploma and more than 20,000 students were offered a place at university or college.
This course is A-Level standard and is aimed at learners aged 19 and over who don’t have a level 3 qualification or the foundation knowledge required for our level 4 Certificate of Higher Education (Cert HE). Learners will be taught the latest industry-standard knowledge by expert lecturers and guests from the industry
Top 5 reasons to study Access to HE in Engineering
1) Flexible learning times. You may be working full-time and looking to up-skill. Our Access to HE allows you to work around your other commitments, with options like evening sessions readily available.
2) The first step to a career in engineering. NCHSR’s Access to HE Engineering Diploma will not only give you a base knowledge in engineering but will also give you the entry requirements needed to progress onto our higher level courses that could lead to a well-paid, specialised career in rail or infrastructure.
3) Access to expert lecturers. At NCHSR our lecturers have a fountain of knowledge within the subjects they teach. We also have regular guest lecturers from industry to help enhance your learning experience.
4) Learn transferable skills. Along with taking your first steps in becoming an engineer, you will also be given the opportunity to improve transferable skills such as speaking, writing and IT skills. Regardless of where your career ends up, Access to HE could be the ideal place to start.
5) Financial support is available. You can apply for a student loan when studying the Access to HE course. Furthermore, if you don’t have a level 3 qualification already, you may be entitled to free tuition.
If you would like to learn more about our Access to HE courses, please register to attend our Doncaster or Birmingham campus Open Days.