The Skills Shortage
The industry landscape is changing, we need a workforce with new skills and at the moment there is a significant shortfall.
It is well known that there are staff shortages in the rail and infrastructure industry which threaten to derail outlined projects and future development plans. As plans to modernise Britain’s rail systems get underway, the issue is further exasperated.
We recognise the difficulties facing British businesses as they compete to succeed in the developing industry and we are actively taking steps to overcome them by:
- Increasing the availability of people with relevant knowledge and experience
- Providing opportunities to redeploy and upskill existing team members
- Shortening the time to fulfil skill gaps with access to apprentices
- Develop specific technical and practical skills using real-life case studies
- Familiarise students on up and coming technologies by integrating it into their studies and day to day activities
- Proactively inspire students and change the perception of vocational subjects with exciting buildings, curriculums and opportunities