The construction industry is the branch of the industry dealing with building, maintaining, and repairing structures, such as buildings, roads, railways, etc. This course will equip you with an understanding of how structures are designed, built, and maintained.
This study programme is equivalent to 3 A-Levels and will develop your skills and knowledge in a wide range of Civils and Construction pathways that will prepare you for further study and an exciting career in the built environment. NCATI offers a combination of theory and practice delivered in our state-of-the-art facilities leading to a nationally recognised qualification.
Waiting for Validation expected approval date 2022
You will complete a broad range of units including:
- Construction Principles
- Construction Design
- Tendering and Estimating
- Construction Technology
- Health and Safety in Construction
- Surveying in Construction
- Graphical Detailing in Construction
- Building Regulations and Control in Construction
- Management of a Construction Project
- Measuring Techniques in Construction
- Building Information Modelling
- Construction in Civil Engineering
- Further Maths
- Site Engineering for Construction
- Work Experience in the Construction Sector
For those who are new to the rail industry and 16 years or over, this 2-year course gives you a broad introduction and foundation knowledge of Civils, construction and the built environment.
After completing the programme, this qualification will be equivalent to three A-Levels, which enables you to study Civil Engineering, Construction, or a related subject at degree level.
Alternative progression routes include Higher or Degree Apprenticeships or full-time employment in the Built Environment industry.