Drug & Alcohol Awareness
This course aims to inform participants on the physical and behavioural signs and symptoms of drug and alcohol use, as well as the patterns that may indicate drug or alcohol use.
Participants will be able to recognise the main drugs of choice and the ways in which they are taken and learn how to calculate alcohol delay rates.
• An overview of drug and alcohol use in the UK
• The main drugs of choice and UK drug trends
• Drug impairment and how drugs will affect performance in different ways.
• The signs, symptoms and recognition of drug and alcohol use
• Legal highs – Current legislation and how they can impact on workplace drug policies
• Alcohol – The facts
• How to calculate alcohol decay rates
• The legal status and classification of drugs
• Drug and alcohol from a health and safety perspective